At The Albatroz Collection, we understand the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures.
In this policy 'The Albatroz Collection' means The Albatroz Hotel and Villa Cascais.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
How you may provide us your personal information
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
Making a reservation
When making a reservation or using The Albatroz Collection services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as the type of room or type of bed. We also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. Sometimes we offer special offers to, for example, children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
The Albatroz Collection may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about The Albatroz Collection services.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line "Unsubscribe", so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
Marketing Opt-in and Opt-out
To sign up for this service we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, language preference, and country of residence. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers.
By visiting one of our websites
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our websites collected through Google Analytics, you may opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Treatment of personal data
Personal data obtained through registration, by automated and non-automated means, are incorporated into a computer application owned by SIHOT.
The employees of "The Albatroz Collection" access the information on file with the insertion of access passwords, whose registration is documented.
Changing the data in the files is possible by keeping a record of the date of the change.
The processing of personal data is carried out in strict compliance with personal data protection legislation in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the Parliament and of the Council, and / or any legislation regulating, adding or replacing said legislation, in the whole, referred to as the "General Regulation for the Protection of Personal Data" (RGPD).
When do we disclose personal information
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest's personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of The Albatroz Collection, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest - for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with the Albatroz Collection for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
- Personal information may be shared with other the Albatroz Collection hotels so that they may better provide services to you in the event you wish to travel to that The Albatroz Collection in the future.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by The Albatroz Collection to evaluate a customer's creditworthiness or to collect a customer's account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of The Albatroz Collection it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
We respect your privacy
- The Albatroz Collection will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- The Albatroz Collection will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- The Albatroz Collection will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- The Albatroz Collection will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- The Albatroz Collection will honor your request to access your personal information in a timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at email@example.com, using 'Unsubscribe' as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information, please contact us at:
Tel: +351 214 847 380
Rua Frederico Arouca, nº100
2750-353 Cascais - Portugal